Your NABA Board of Directors would like to wish our members and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2021 was a very momentous year for our organization:
• We had record membership growth and now have 1200 members across 44 states, equaling our highest membership levels since the late 1990s. Our Membership Committee has done an outstanding job, with representation from coast to coast.
• We celebrated our 50th Convention in Milwaukee with a record attendance. Our next Convention in Pittsburgh from August 2-6, 2022, already has more total room reservations than Milwaukee finished with, so attendance will shatter the Milwaukee record. And we have some exciting new events, including a Speakeasy featuring classic cocktails and a live jazz pianist, and member John Bain’s famed “The Back Bar” display and contest of lighted back bar signs.
• We produced five consecutive 80-page issues of the Breweriana Collector magazine in celebration of our 50th Convention.
• We introduced a promotional video about our club to help attract new members.
• We formed an exciting partnership with member Chris Moore’s “The Mill”, a multi-function $100-million entertainment complex under construction in Vicksburg, Michigan. This massive facility will include a brewery, distillery and The Cone Top Brewery Museum, with 16,000 square feet devoted to breweriana, which NABA members can help populate and curate with ongoing rotations of their collections. The museum will provide tremendous public exposure for NABA.
• We created a partnership with members Mark Rogers and Peter Bayer to help them build a visual, online database, “Trayman2.0,” that has the mission of providing a record of every beer tray ever produced in the Americas.
• We have continually revamped and updated our own website at www.nababrew.com, thanks to the efforts of our great webmaster, Dan Bora. Check it out and log in as a member to see all that it has to offer – and there’s even more in development that will be exclusive to NABA members.
There is much more in store in 2022 for NABA, and it is all made possible by you, our loyal and generous members. We are grateful for your on-going support for our club, magazine and events, and sincerely wish you a happy and healthy 2022!